KUMI Bassinet with Organic Mattress
After the warmth of the mother’s womb, the cradle is the place where the baby will spend most of their time during the first months of their life; the place where they will gradually wake up to the world. Charlie Crane, therefore, designed the KUMI as both a reassuring cocoon and a space open to the outside world.
The design of the KUMI combines tradition and modernity. It retains the millenary lateral swing, a delicate movement that helps babies fall asleep, while sketching minimalist and contemporary lines, thanks in particular to the laces that surround it, which gives it both lightness and safety.
During assembly, the parents tie the cords themselves. A gesture of high emotional value since it involves participating in the construction of the child’s nest.
- Do not use the cradle before reading the instruction manual
- Use from birth until the child can sit alone, stand up, or crawl
- Compliant with European standard EN1130:2019
- Extra simple assembly using an Allen key supplied
- Detachable and machine washable fabric at 30°C
- Design: Gaspard Tiné-Bérès for Charlie Crane
- Registered design
- Made in Turkey (Wood), France (Mattresses and laces), and China (Cocoon).
- Dimensions of the cradle: 32 x 22 x H 28 in
- Dimensions of the mattress: 27 x 16 x H 2 in
- Height of the cot base: 17.5 in
- Wooden structure: Beech plywood hoop from Turkey or Romania, 2 coats of matte water-based varnish. Skids and uprights in solid Beech wood from Turkey, 2 coats of matte water-based varnish.
- Metal structure: Wire and metal plate Steel White epoxy paint
- Mesh Cocoon: 100% Polyester nest – 100% cotton bottom
- Laces: Round braided laces 100% Polyester thickness 5mm
- Filling: natural coconut fiber
- Removable cover: Organic cotton quilted with natural wool
- Surface clean only. Gently clean using a damp sponge and mild detergent, allowing to air dry before use
About Charlie Crane:
Charlie Crane is a Paris-based publisher of baby and children’s furniture. Founded in 2013 by Thomas Lépine, its ambition is to create beautiful and stylish furniture that infuses adult codes into the child’s world and blurs the boundaries of rooms in our current interiors. With Charlie Crane creations, parents are proud to display their children’s furniture throughout the house. The baby rocker is integrated into the living room decoration; the high chair matches the dining room table and chairs and the cot becomes a work of art! Charlie Crane has a real publishing approach.