Embrace the Art of Hygge
Hygge (pronounced hue-guh) is the Danish term used to describe the sensation or quality of cosiness and well being. It is a feeling of content and warmth within ones home, often created by the intimate atmosphere of the room. Here are a few of our suggestions when creating a room that embodies and becomes your own livable, comfortable, and cozy sanctuary.
1. Textures - Soft and natural textures help create both the physical and visual sensation of comfort and warmth.
2. Lighting - You can easily create an atmosphere of intimacy and relaxation with candles and lanterns.
3. Games - Hygge is all about togetherness and appreciating small moments. Enjoying games and off-line activities helps bring everyone to the table to better appreciate intimacy and presentness.
4. Well being and wellness is one of the foundations of Hygge living. Surround yourself with objects that contribute to both your mental and emotional wellness. Whatever that may be, opt for objects that bring good vibes and that represent your individuality. Let go of clutter, and things that do not bring you pleasure. When decorating, look for special items that help you feel both comfortable and special in your own space.
5. Quiet time does not have to be alone time. Share your space with people you love.
Hygge Inspired Products: